Saturday 20 March 2010

So what can you do?

I'm sure this is the question you've all been asking yourselves... and there's an answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5E6enHa-Qw

This is a 5 min film summarising what I got up to in Mozambique.

The beginnings of the project, as I hope you've gathered, were really successful and funding is now needed for the project to expand and fulfill its potential. The money will be used to enable the field workers I was working with to go to even more communities with the manual we wrote and the skills they now have to train more people how to maintain the pumps. I'd also like them to translate the manual into the local languages. Some of the money will also go towards building more boreholes in villages in the Diocese.

In order to try and contribute towards this progression now that I'm back in the UK I am running the Bupa 10k on the 31st May. Having not run since I left in November and being currently scared to go out into the freezing cold this is going to be a challenge! Please give me a reason to run!

If you'd like more information on the project (even after reading my blog!) then let me know. The project will benefit enormously from your support and you can be sure that the money is going directly to a very worthy cause and one which I would be happy to keep you updated on as it progresses.

Thanks are due to ALMA (London diocese’s link with the Anglican church in Angola and Mozambique www.almalink.org) and to the LDF which kindly administers the funds thus avoiding much duplication of effort. This is why the Diocese of London appears as the charity on my sponsorship page. Every penny raised however will go to the water projects in Niassa.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, the money will go straight to the Diocese of London for forwarding to Mozambique and they make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

So please dig deep and donate now - www.justgiving.com/joannelambert

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joanne,

    My name is florent and i am working for the french NGO "1001 fontaines" on water acces for rural communities in Madagascar..

    I am very interested in your experience and I think we could share some info in order to both work more efficiently...

    I could not find any email adress so i give you mine and hope you ll write back to me soon...
    florent.monmont@enea-consulting.com

    keep on the good work!
    regards

    florent

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin side effects